Building Contractors in Portugal at the Turn of the Millennium
An exibit on building contractors established in Portugal and active at the turn of the millennium.
To study building cultures in Portugal during the 20th century, an overview of the most important builder contractors becomes essential. Executing both private and public works, some of those firms can find their origin back to the 1900s. For that reason, to get back to their history means to revisit the 20th century from the Construction History's point of view.
This first PT Builds 19_20 exhibition aims to present each firm, from different prespectives that are usefull to the study of Construction History:
- a short historical company profile;
- a brief biography of the founder(s);
- a list of selected works done by the firm;
- detailed information on a selected number of works;
- related information concerning other individual and collective actors, materials, machines, written studies and legislation.
To explore the history of each company, go to the exhibit.